We carry a wide selection of acrylic packing tapes for carton sealing and a variety of packaging applications and budgets. Acrylic packaging tape is crystal clear, will not interfere with exterior markings and labels, and instantly bonds to corrugated boxes and surfaces. Acrylics have a wider temperature range than hot melts (32 degrees F to 150 degrees F) versus Hot melt (40 degrees F to 120 degrees F) and performs better in in high humidity conditions. They are best suited for applications in tough environments such as refrigerated food packing facilities. Commonly referred to as "Box Tape" or "Carton Sealing Tape," it is one of the most popular, economical, and durable tapes for your packaging needs. We stock both machine grade tapes for automatic tape dispensers, as well as hand grade acrylic tapes that are compatible with standard handheld dispensers.
Acrylic Packaging Tape:
- Instantly bonds to corrugated boxes and cartons
- Premium UV resistance
- Great permanent surface adhesion
- High Clarity transparency for viewing markings and carton labels
- Ages well over extended periods in sunlight and fluorescent lighting.
- Fast stick performance
- High shear strength
Pre-printed Packaging Tape
Acrylic Carton Sealing Tape
Acrylic packaging tape is ideal for long-term storage because it resists yellowing because of oxidation.
Acrylic packaging tapes, on the other hand, offer a wider temperature range than that of the hot melt tapes, ranging from 32*F to 140*F. An acrylic tape is ideal for applications that involve low and/or high humidity conditions, as well as long term storage. Acrylic tapes also have a stronger resistance to oxidation, allowing it to to be uninfluenced by exposure to sunlight, meaning it won't yellow like hot melt packaging tape does.
- Can only be purchased in hand-grade rolls
- Often considered more of an "economy grade" packaging tape
- Available inclear, tan, and colored rolls; sold in "by the case" quantities
- Examples of usage: Long-term storage in varying temperatures, lightweight carton sealing/carton closing
Comparison With Hot Melt Packaging Tape
- Hot melt tapes offer exceptional adhesion strength, flexibility, and performs well in varying applications.
- Acrylic tapes are ideal for packaging applications involving extreme temperatures, such as refrigeration, and for sealing boxes that will be warehoused over a long period of time.
- Hot melt tapes can yellow with age, whereas an acrylic tape is less likely to yellow over time.
- Machine grade hot melt tapes generally perform more reliably than machine grade acrylic tapes.
- Both acrylic packaging tape and hot melt carton sealing tapes are comparable in price, offering both premium and economical grades.